Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vintage Father's Day

Don't you love it when a card comes together so quickly and you love the results?  That's how I felt with this card for the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.  The challenge this week is to make vintage, shabby chic or primitive FATHER'S DAY cards.  I had a hard time deciding what to make but when I found some very old paper of Antique Maps by PSX Papers in my stash ..(very old paper, probably old enough to be considered vintage) ... I knew I had to use it. Then I remembered a couple of digital files that I saved from Graphics Fairy...a sailboat and a background paper with an "old" feel.  I printed the Boat, Digi Paper, and added some distress inks -Tea Dye and Antique Linen-and distressed edges to all the layers including the map that I cut with a Nesties circle die.  Assembled all elements on a card base of MFP's Tan CS with a sentiment, ribbon, brad, and bronze pin. The sentiment "For the Best Father in the World" was computer generated and cut with a Spellbinders label die. Thought this tied in well with the "worldliness" of my theme.

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Vintage Father's Day
Cards for Men: Father's Day
CRAFT Challenge: Male Card
Digi Doodle Shop's Best : Male Card

  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Betty Benton said...

An absolutely fantastic card for the Sugar Creek challenge, Theresa -- bet you'll be the winner!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous vintage Father's Day card, Theresa!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Kid-oh you soooooo nailed this challenge! I'm not sure I could have parted with that gorgeous vintage dp! So love your joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow (-:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You should be happy with this one... it's totally awesome!

Olga said...

WOW!!!! Fantastic vintage card!!!

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Karen said...

fabulous male card thanks for joing us at the digi doodles shop challenge blog this week

Krafty Kows said...

Love the vintage look. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I love this one....the map is fab and love your sailboat!! A perfect sentiment....so glad you could join in this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. Love how you stayed with the theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards For Men Challenge. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia