Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Down On the Farm on Sunday Afternoon

Welcome! When I saw the challenge at Craft a Scene  this month was Down On the Farm, I knew immediately the digi image that I wanted to use for an entry.  It is Country Path and was from Digi Doodle Shop that is no longer in business.  I have many of their digis and  just love this scene.  Using Photoshop Elements, I also added a digi from Paper Cupcakes called Sunday Afternoon of a girl walking with her duck.  This was a fun project and I like how it turned out.  I resized the scene, printed on white card stock, colored with copics and markers, silver metallic jelli-ink pen,and sponged the sky with Memento Summer Sky ink.  I drew the birds in by hand. I adhered the image to a tan colored mat to which I did some embossing and stamped the verse from Flourishes with Memento Rich Cocoa. I think the navy base card was the right finish.  I like to keep cards with scenes free of embellishments focusing on the scene and often do not use sentiments but liked how this verse fit with my card.  

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

Pictures of the digi used


8 comments:

Denise Price said...

You created a beautiful scene! With her blue dress and pigtail braid, the girl looks like Dorothy from _The Wizard of Oz_. Looks like she's doing some work on Aunty Em's farm. :)

NancyD said...

Those are two great digis that go well together making a wonderful farming scene. Great job! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene, Theresa. NancyD

Patti P. said...

Stunning card. I have both of these images and will have to try this sometime though I couldn't come close to your gorgeous creation. Beautiful coloring.
Great job....
hugs.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You married two awesome images! Love this creation, Theresa. Good luck with the challenge.

rachel said...

an absolutely fabulous scene you've put together - really wonderful work! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft - a- scene this month and hope to see you again soon! Hugs rachel xx

Dora said...

ooo....this is so lovely farm scene.
how nice that you combine the stamps to create a beautiful scene.
your colouring is fantastic!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Olga said...

this is gorgeous, the girl image has always been one of my favorites from Nina

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the digi's that you've used to make up you scene, it's beautiful. Those bearded Iris's are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue T x