Thursday, October 24, 2013

Stormy Weather



Hello! Today I bring you a card with some stormy weather that I made for Craft a Scene Challenge and used a sketch from Sweet Sunday Challenge.  To begin, I searched for a picture online showing a stormy sky over the sea to have an idea how to create the look. I used a stamp from Art Impressions that I happened to win from Craft a Scene for the August challenge. I stamped the Lighthouse Scene with black ink on white CS and created the sky with Copics, sponging with inks, and coloring  with pencils until I got the stormy look that I wanted.  The lighthouse and shore were colored with Copics and some glow was given to the lantern room with a Clear Star Pen. Then I added some birds flying into the shore for safety.

Challenges:
Craft a Scene: Fowl Weather-create a scene that shows a bit of stormy weather and include birds in your scene.
Sweet Sunday: #195 Shown Left

Supplies:
Stamps: Art Impressions Lighthouse, MFP Birds, Annabelle Sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, SC Night of Navy
Copics: B00000,0000,01, BG93,97, G21,40,82, R46, C00,01,3,9,E35,53,55, Y11
Assorted Pencils and Sakura Clear Star Pen
Papers: White X-Press It CS, Tan and Navy CS
Ribbon from stash
Cuttlebug EF Polka dots

This is the photo used as an example to color my sky.


 We were expecting some stormy weather-the snowy kind, but it must have stopped in Cleveland as they had 2" of the white stuff.

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous scene Theresa, I love your stormy sky. Thanks for joining us at Craft A Scene this month.

Sue x

Dora said...

beautiful scene!!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
greetings

Helen in the UK said...

Love your scene and the colouring is brilliant :)

NancyD said...

It is a nicely stormy sky Theresa - great job. I am looking at a stormy seascape right now and I see pretty much the same sky you created! Thanks for joining us again this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD