Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Covered Bridge Drive


Do you have memories of beautiful summer days driving through country roads and covered bridges?  What great times they would be ....carefree and lazy....without a worry in the world.  This scene reminds of one of those times.  I stamped the image with Repeat Impressions Covered Bridge stamp using a light brown ink on watercolor paper and water colored with distress inks using a water brush.  I won't go in to all the details of how I did the coloring but I did do repeated stampings using the Misti throughout the process.  I colored this panel a few weeks ago after studying some water color techniques online and it has been on my desk waiting for further attention.  I finally decided to simply trim the panel and adhere to a mat of Khaki CS and a base of GKD Green CS. Stamped a portion of a Repeat Impression sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa ink to finish as a card. 

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Anything goes challenge-J2817, Used Repeat Impressions stamps. 
Simon  Wednesday Says Challenge: Simon says Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #344 Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C391-use some form of water on card. Water is flowing under the covered bridge. 
Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge: Anything goes for the June Challenge

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

3 comments:

Lin said...

I equate covered bridges with Vermont and New England, and so this card made me smile, Theresa! Lovely scene - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Patti J said...

Oh my, Theresa! This looks like days gone by, my friend! Thank you for sharing and inspiring, and Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Heather said...

Fabulous card! I just drove through some covered bridges last weekend while in Vermont; there is just something about them! Your scene looks so peaceful and I love how you selectively inked the sentiment. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.